Monday, December 12, 2016

Hearts Are For Seeing

The dark behind my eyelids is the only stop I know
Even then I'm watching for a long since cancelled show
More to come if you believe that dreams grow from the ground
Keep an ear pressed to the soil, listen for their sound
Desperately I mark my paces, measure it in strides
Make some order from this madness, pray that we'll collide
Me and all the armies that have come and gone before
Bury me in quiet water, let it be ignored
See myself as if I was the only man to bleed
Stacks of poems I’ve scratched alone, not a soul will read
Don't neglect the formula, it lives in fits and starts
Cite myself in solitude, for heartache makes great art

12.12.2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ready, Set, Grow

My heart sings of destiny, of shadows bathed in light Paths that form before my feet, and waiting out the night Journeys made for chosen...