Sunday, December 18, 2016

If You Feel Something, Say Nothing

Sharpen your needle and stitch closed my lips
Thimbles of passion, consumed it in sips
Silent and thirsty, my memories blurring
Except when I’m sleeping, the scenes reoccurring
Ships that set sail, they go off and I stay here
Dock ‘neath my feet like I’m just on display here
I've nothing to say here, a cause not to speak this
The concrete has hardened, it's showing no weakness
The battle I raged and the decade since buried
My angst and my failings, a match that have married
The scarier moments, the shadows, the waking
Smiles I sketch on a canvas I’m faking
And taking the long way, the path most abandoned
Means laying in pain most could not even stand in

12.18.2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ready, Set, Grow

My heart sings of destiny, of shadows bathed in light Paths that form before my feet, and waiting out the night Journeys made for chosen...