Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Of Life

Pre-modern methods, exemplary hopes
Update, re-antiquate, manage to cope
Simplify language, as if it’s that easy
Like spinning in circles does not make me queasy
Pretend that the boat is not rocking, we’ve docked it
Like I am not sleepwalking, myths I’ve concocted
The eyes of a stranger, the foot of a mountain
The fact that my bubbler’s some other man’s fountain
Perspective is tied to the nest where I’m sleeping
I’ve given my whole self away for safekeeping
Results are quite sweeping, a floor with a shine
A clinical answer to questions benign
I keep posting these signs, the reward just grows greater
And yesterday’s nows are now gone, with no laters
 
01.17.2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ready, Set, Grow

My heart sings of destiny, of shadows bathed in light Paths that form before my feet, and waiting out the night Journeys made for chosen...