Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Try As I Might Not

Back here, like I never left
Settled like an hour glass
Found just like a promise kept
Standing on familiar grass
 
Stone’s throw
            Groan slow
Tide rolls whether you would welcome it
Fell swoop
            Quelled droop
I know more than I would ever say

Whispers have a way with me
Breath that falls upon my neck
Specks of light I’ll never be
Memories in old cassette decks

Missing days
            Never pays
Worry is the rope that binds us
Whether we
            Ever see
Left to those above my pay grade

And I can’t
            Un-enchant
                        That, which is changed…
                                    Is changed.
 
01.11.2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ready, Set, Grow

My heart sings of destiny, of shadows bathed in light Paths that form before my feet, and waiting out the night Journeys made for chosen...