Monday, January 9, 2017

Winter Lake

I’m just a winter lake, season not chosen
My waves keep on moving, too big to be frozen
The size of your catch fueled by how much bait goes in
The water looks cold, you should just dip my prose in
I’ve nosed into much, I just spy on the shore
But I never see lovers that much anymore
I’ve got depths of my own that I mean to explore
I've a soul full of shipwreck and legend and lore
It all rests on my floor, but I haven’t a wall
Not a ladder to climb, not a neighbor to call
Not a perch, but it's fine, I would rather not fall
I just pray for a freeze, to feel nothing at all

01.09.2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ready, Set, Grow

My heart sings of destiny, of shadows bathed in light Paths that form before my feet, and waiting out the night Journeys made for chosen...